Coil balance for double hung tilt window

A quick learner from New Jersey says:
Can you help identify replacement parts for the coil balance etc in the attached pictures?

Thank you
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Your setup is a bit weird. It looks like you have a pivot shoe like our 15-048, but this is commonly used with spiral balances, not coil balances like yours. The housing looks like our 15-086, which means the coil spring itself might be our Series 180 balance, but we do not sell anything that can connect the housing and shoe together. You may need to reuse your old pivot shoe.
A quick learner from NJ says:
Thanks, Paul.
I more or less came to the same conclusion that you did. The pivot shoe on mine connects to the coil housing with a small slice of an aluminum extrusion. The housing and pivot are in relatively good shape so I ordered a pair of Series 180 (6lb) coil springs and will give that a try. I'll try and take clearer pictures of all the parts when I take it all apart to install the new springs.

Thanks for your help and a great source of supply for all this stuff! (and in NJ too!!!)

Bob
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the update, Bob. It sounds like you are on the right track! Best of luck and we look forward to helping you with your next project.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.