Coil balance replacement

A home owner from Issaquah WA says:
Looking for 4 replacement balances. Measurements are 1 1/4" x 9/16". Please let me know if you can help. Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Madison Right side balance.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Madison Left side balance.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I believe we can help, yes! Please see our 15-087 pivot carrier and 15-086 secondary carrier. These are both compatible with our Series 180 coil spring.

Please let me know if you had questions about these products or any other.

Thanks for the info. Would you be able to help decide which coils to purchase? The window measures 46" x 42".
Profile picture of Tom

The window size unfortunately does not tell me what weight option to choose for the Series 180. You will need to refer to the stamp printed on the band of the old spring. It should be near the two holes at the end. 

If you are unable to do that, then the only other method is to weigh the sash on the scale and then divide that by how many springs support it, in total. For example, if your sash is 10 pounds and you only have 1 spring per side, then you would divide 10 by 2 to get 5. In other words, you'd need a 5 pound spring on each side.

There is no other method by which you can determine the calibration of a coil spring. You either have to get the stamp off the original or you need to weigh your sash on a scale. Your next step will need to be one of those two things.

Based on some additional calculations, the window sash is about 23 lbs. It looks like the series 180 coil springs only go up to 9 lbs. Based on what you are saying, I would need an 11lb spring for each side. Do I need different housing or coil series?
One correction - We were able to weigh the window. Looks like it is 20.5#. Spring Coil suggestion based on that would be greatly appreciated.
Profile picture of Tom

Sure, so in that case you can use two 5 pound springs her side, or the S180-5. That will give you a total coverage of 20 pounds, which should be perfectly sufficient.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.