Coil balance replacement parts

A home owner from Star, Idaho says:
I think I need coil balance 171 and 170 double coil and the pivot shoe 15-192. The number stamped on the coil is 405 (on the top coil) and SA334 on the bottom coil. I am sending this picture to verify and then order as needed. Now that I have the window apart, I will need to replace the other side as well. This is a double hung window and this is the bottom sash. Will I need to replace the top coil as well.

I really appreciate your videos and information. I will need help to reinstall the coil as it took some bending to remove.

These are Certainteed windows installed in 1995.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0471.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I agree with your analysis. The products you picked out should work well for your window.

As for replacement, I understand how frustrating it can be, trust me. I've scraped more than my fair share of knuckles. The video below features a different style balance but the process of replacement is more or less the same. Hopefully it makes life a little easier for you.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)