Coil balance replacement parts

A home owner from Star, Idaho says:
I think I need coil balance 171 and 170 double coil and the pivot shoe 15-192. The number stamped on the coil is 405 (on the top coil) and SA334 on the bottom coil. I am sending this picture to verify and then order as needed. Now that I have the window apart, I will need to replace the other side as well. This is a double hung window and this is the bottom sash. Will I need to replace the top coil as well.

I really appreciate your videos and information. I will need help to reinstall the coil as it took some bending to remove.

These are Certainteed windows installed in 1995.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0471.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I agree with your analysis. The products you picked out should work well for your window.

As for replacement, I understand how frustrating it can be, trust me. I've scraped more than my fair share of knuckles. The video below features a different style balance but the process of replacement is more or less the same. Hopefully it makes life a little easier for you.

SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.