Coil balance spring replacement

A home owner from Advance says:
Hello. I have vinyl replacement double Hung windows in my house that utilize a coil balance spring. Both springs on one window have broken. I note that you have several types of springs and feel confident that you would have the type I need. However I cannot see how the coil could be replaced. It seems to have been attached to a plastic block which is held in a U-channel with a long screw. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. The Manufacturer of the window is unknown to me and the contractor is no longer available. Identifying labels on the window: The Door & Window Place. Mdl:2300 WHT Line: 2 Double Hung Lot: 104,164 Solarban60 AR/KR Top Bin 8 Solarban60 AR/KR Bottom NAMI NFRC 100/200 Code: ACU Rating NFRC Series 2300/2400 DH MST: 3050 ACU-1-8 02-M
coil balance
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It looks like our S140-9 Quick tilt series coil balance may be your best option as a match. It comes complete with the spring and pivot and is available in a left or right option. The S140-9 will hold up a sash weighing 17-19 pounds. Take a look and see if this system could work for you.
A handy person from Advance says:
Thank you very much Paul. I believe this will do the job.
Order placed.
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.