Coil replacement

A handy person from NY says:
Hello,
We are trying to find a coil balance replacement. Windows has no markings, no name brand etc.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DAED7765-6329-42CD-BE42-7B520AB2083B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DAC0F5CC-A606-4DC6-B1D9-0827C98DBB5C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 657D1639-144A-4F0A-ADA1-FA17C4D54874.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CDCAF512-E406-4318-AFA9-06C9928C4C58.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

We'd be happy to help but we'll need to see an undamaged pivot shoe removed from your window, along with dimensions, to compare to our inventory. If we can identify the pivot shoe, that will tell us the coils and accessories that you'll need.

Thank you!

Here is the coil, can it be replaced?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C07E8E8C-CA58-43DF-8C1C-0FD880C97DCF.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 898F4519-D126-42B0-97B5-07C35B87BDF2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1481ACE6-1AD4-46E7-BB77-309FD214F2A3.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

Yes, the coil springs can be replaced but we'll need to see the original undamaged pivot shoe removed from the window. If we can identify the pivot shoe, that will tell us the coils and accessories that you'll need.

Hello, can you tell me what the pivot shoe is? This is what we removed from the window
Profile picture of Emily

Certainly. The pivot shoe should be below the coil springs. You can see our selection of them here and use our pivot shoes as a reference for what yours might look like. I've attached some videos below that you may find helpful. Look these over and let me know if this helps.

This is what it looks like
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E0F05A93-0CE8-469A-8872-CE450F1DE2BE.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EDCC6DDB-23C3-4858-B2A3-EA1217586FBE.png
Profile picture of Emily

This is still just the coil support, not the pivot shoe. We'll need to see the pivot shoe removed from the window to compare to our inventory. Let me know if that's something you can get for us. 

I do not think there is a pivot shoe. There is nothing left in the window. The pictures above is what is nailed into the frame.
Profile picture of Emily

In your first batch of pictures, which I've attached below, the red part I've circled looks to be your pivot shoe still in the window. However, I still can't tell what pivot shoe you have. If you can remove it from the window and show us, we can work from there.

pivot shoe

Ok. I think we finally got it!! Thank you so much for your help. Can you send me an order form so I can pay for the order?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4FB84E00-3D82-4DA8-9E2B-BD17B7735688.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 89980558-B7E5-4286-B323-21ED9FFADA2E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 99C0C0DE-7B06-4FF6-B840-16A564866B68.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 35FC75E8-17BA-4929-8A64-94201089A037.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EF655402-2696-4903-8141-3812E48EB303.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you for the additional pictures! This is a huge help. Take a look at our 15-180 pivot shoe, which uses the Series 190 coil springs, and see if this matches up to your original hardware. I'm afraid I can't place the order for you on my end but all orders can be placed on our website at your convenience! 

Hello, the pieces that you told us to order are not working on the window. The window still slam shut. I believe we have a different support? Assistance is needed
Profile picture of Emily

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble. We've recommended the 15-180 as a replacement for your pivot shoe for many years and haven't heard of our customers having too much of an issue with this. Did your pivot bar fit into the pivot shoe's cam okay? Can you go into a little more detail on the problem you're having? Can you also weigh your sash on a scale and tell us the exact weight, along with how many coil springs you have in the window? I just want to make sure that you have the appropriate coil weight.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.