Coil spring system

A home owner from Costa Mesa, CA says:
I'm trying to find a replacement coil spring for my bathroom window. The broken spring has an F stamped in it, and as best I can tell using a bathroom scale the sash weighs just under 20 lbs. The spring has a taper on one end.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B0978433-098B-4E99-AD1F-F65A40FD039E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B6087740-BC68-4C1E-B162-DDECAAFEEB4B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AED6C672-B2C3-4B50-9AF9-4639466D8F1E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 554A93B7-85B9-4F89-8071-3080DE826C38.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Beginning with your pivot shoe, our 15-192 will work. These can be used with the Series 152 coil spring. Since your stamping of "F" does not correspond with the Series 152 weight, you will need to get an exact weight of the window sash to determine which coil spring would best work to support the sash. Look over both parts and let us know if anything else comes up. 

A home owner from Costa Mesa, CA says:
In the end, I just ordered the 9lb. coils, figuring that even if my weight wasn't exact it was close enough, considering that you don't offer a larger capacity and that I had essentially already exceeded it with my ballpark bathroom scale weight. It was the perfect solution to my problem. BTW, I'm glad I ordered two, since the other side snapped within a week of installing the new coil. Since I had a spare in stock, it was a quick 5 minute fix. Thanks for your help.
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.