Coil springs for my bathroom double hung window broke

A home owner from Naperville, Illinois 60540 says:
Coil springs for my bathroom double hung window broke, and the lower sash will not stay up. The rest of the window is in excellent shape. My bathroom window was manufactured by Gorell Enterprises, and installed in 1997, and Gorell Enterprises went out of business. Soft-Lite LLC bought Gorell on 3/29/2012 or so. I found the following information on the window inside upper track: 0100 034549 PR1117 26/29 G5155 35 3/4 by 37 1/4 inches, white. The stainless steel coil spring has the following information: CMC 456 35'' 6# Pat. 5,353,548. I guessed the letters of CMC, because the letters were not clear to read. The coil is about one inch in diameter.
I hope you can help me, because I need to buy two of them. I have a window contractor who can install them if he has these parts.

Thank you very much for your time and help.
Sincerely,
Jack T.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Jack. We should be able to help, I'm just not totally sure what it is you have. Two parts that may match are our 15-087 shoe and Series 180 coil spring, but you will need to carefully go over our pictures and information to confirm. If these don't match, please show me a picture of your pivot shoe so that we can find something better. Seeing your pivot shoe will allow us to determine the other parts that go with it.
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.