Coil springs and pivot shoe identification

A quick learner from Holyoke ma says:
Hello, I'm in need of replacement coil springs and pivot shoes for my simonton windows. The pivot shoes are smashed beyond recognition. Can anyone help identify what parts I need
Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 47189FF4-A841-4D81-AB9C-0CE0AD5F008F.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I can't say for sure what you need without seeing an undamaged pivot shoe but we find that the Certainteed brand pivot shoe, our 15-192, is a near-identical replacement to one that is commonly used in Simonton windows. I recommend removing a pivot shoe from another window to see if this replacement could work for you. This shoe is used with our S170 and S171 coil springs, so you can also compare your original coils to help point you in the right direction. 

If everything matches up, there is one difference that comes up every so often that you should keep in mind. There was one particular version of the old Simonton pivot shoe that had a notch in the cam to allow space for its matching pivot bar. The 15-192 lacks this notch; the inside walls of the cam are sheer. I recommend holding onto your old shoes just in case you have to swap cams between them. The cams are usually metal, so hopefully, they're still in decent shape. Thank you!

I removed all the broken hardware and this is what I need
The spring is stamped 407 J
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8BAD3B06-1474-4BA7-906D-192BB08C47EB.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C0AEF263-1E1D-451A-9DA0-302C87641C6C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B7E921A5-0673-413B-B231-1000159530EC.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4D8A8A41-76B5-41F8-816C-CCAF6F7E66B2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F83E6965-905B-4924-AE25-BF176534D0F1.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

As long as your coils measure 3/4" wide, the replacement hardware the I mentioned in my previous message should work beautifully for you. Take a look and confirm that everything matches up. 

Thank you . Yes coils are 3 /4. Since these cams are notched can I swap out the cam from the new one? Will they be interchangeable?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 28BECFBB-5CDB-4FBD-8D3B-8A3C73C98F3C.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

Yes, because of the notch that you mentioned, you'll need to swap out the cam in our 15-192 shoe for your original cams. Thank you!

SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.