Cole Sewell Storm Door Model 2400 or 2500

A home owner from 29710 says:
I am looking to replace the mortised hardware on this storm door and need to identified what part number I need.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Cole Sewell is no longer in business, so you won't be able to get an exact match for the part in question. We may still be able to help but I will require a clear photo of the handle set you have now so that I can track down a good match.

Img 788 and 790 the plate is 7" x 1"

Img 789 the length is 7.5"

Hope this helps.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0790.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0789.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0788.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! I think our best option is going to be the 40-049. Look it over and let me know if you agree, or if you had any concerns.

If this set does not work what is the return policy?
Profile picture of Tom

You can see our return policy here.

Tom
The dimensions on the 40-049 are different than what I sent you. The inside an outside plates are longer and the door jam plate is smaller. Do you think that will make a difference?

John
Profile picture of Tom

Overall plate size doesn't matter so much. What's more important is hole spacing. If the plates mismatch then in a worst case scenario you may just see an outline of the old ones. But if the holes mismatch then it simply won't install, so that's a much bigger issue.

Even in that scenario, though, drilling new holes is always an option. I've done it myself with pretty frequent success. Frequent, but not guaranteed. There's still a chance that it won't work even after drilling holes, so you may want a second opinion before you make such a change to your door. Better safe than sorry.

How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.