Replacement Door Handle

A home owner from Minnesota says:
This Cole Sewell was purchased somewhere between 1994 and 1998. As you can see, the outside handle is brass and the inside white. The faceplate on the outside is 6 3/4" x 1 1/2". The faceplate on the inside is 3 1/2" x 1". Everything similar that we have found at Home Depot or like places have outside faceplates that are 1 1/4", which will show the markings of the previous faceplates. It has a 1 3/4" hole spacing. Is there anything available?
User submitted photos of storm door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid your original handle is no longer available. I would suggest considering something like our 40-152. However, also look at the 40-131 lever handle with a dead bolt. I believe either one of these handles should match the 1-3/4" hole spacing on your original.
A quick learner from Rochester, ny says:
We have 2 Cole Sewell Cambridge Series Model 1430 storm doors which work fine but I broke the lever which locks the door. I have looked around and was told that I must purchase a new door handle since they do not sell the part which I need. I know the doors and parts are discontinued, do you have any suggestion including any door handles which would not require much additional work with installation. Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2088 (1).JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. The 40-130 or 40-131 would be my suggestion. We've had customers use this design to replace your old Cole Sewell handle set many times in the past. Take a look, compare to your old hardware and see what you think. 

A quick learner from Long Isalnd says:
I have the exact same Cole Sewell storm configuration as the homeowner from Minnesota in initial 2017 thread. One difference is I have a separate deadbolt which still works (thankfully). I would like to replace the outer faceplate and latch as well (6 3/4" x 1 1/2"). Is the 40-152 previously recommended the only option available?.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201123_113042_resized.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201123_094748_resized.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201123_104657_resized.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Looking at your photos, the 40-131 and 40-152 appear to be our best options, yes.

A home owner from Glen Ridge, NJ 07028 says:
The tempered glass insert in my Cole Sewell storm door shattered. I want to buy a replacement tempered glass insert. Can you tell me where I can find this?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We unfortunately do not deal in replacement glass. I recommend contacting a local glass shop for assistance.

How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.