Commercial Door Seal

A quick learner from Gardner, KS says:
I need help identifying the proper replacement piece for the gray wool on our front office door.

In the first photo I wanted to point out the gap that exists due to the wool on our door currently and as a result of that gap we have a significant amount of cold Midwest air streaming into our office. It's freezing!!

The other photo's I have attached are aimed at hopefully getting an idea as to the proper replacement piece for our gray wool on the door panel.

After removing the panel from the side of the door it appears that we will need to completely replace that panel piece with the gray wool fibers on either side of the pan.
I was unable to successfully remove the gray wool from the panel even after removing the panel from the door itself.

That tells me that we may just need to replace the entire panel piece. This worries me because I don't know the manufacturer of this specific door nor do I know where to go to find an exact replica of the panel.

Any help you can offer would be much appreciated.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure if it's possible to replace the metal track which holds the wool pile. Even if you could find out the manufacturer of the doors, that part could be discontinued. 

Look at the channel were the wool pile fits into and see if there's any pin marks which help secure the wool pile. If there are pin marks holding in the wool pile, you will need to use a small screw driver to open up the channel so you can remove the pile and get a measurement on it. Then you can compare your wool pile with those we carry on our site here

How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.