Concord/Alcan window parts

A handy person from Chester, VA says:
Hello,

Many of my Pivot Bars have rusted out and broken off. I think most of my Pivot Shoes are okay - if I can get the rusted pivot bars out of them.

These are Concord Vinyl Windows, by Alcan Building Products, installed in my home in January 1996. I have more photos to send you but I've reached the max I can send.

Numbers on the window frame paper are:
125122 0010
DH4100/F 2/8x4/6 LOE/WHT
31 1/2 x 53 1/2
and some more dimensions. Argon Filled.

The closest Pivot Bar I see is the 26-083. Do you agree that is the correct one?
Do you also have the screws?

I don't have any Pivot Shoes removed yet. These dimensions are as close as I can get with it still installed in the track. So, it could be one of a few different ones.

Does my manufacturer and color definitely tell you which shoe I need?

I have the broken pivot bars in the shoes soaking in PB Blaster. They are rusted in place. Do you have any suggestions to get them out without removing the shoes?

Thank you for your help.

Rick
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-7068.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-7069.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-7070.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-7071.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-7073.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Rick. I'm afraid the window manufacturer doesn't tell us much about the parts you need, as this hardware is almost always generic across brands. I agree though, based on your dimensions, that the 26-083 looks like a possible match. That hole spacing dimension of 1-3/8" is ultimately what it comes down to. As far as your pivot shoe, it's hard to say what you need without knowing the width and thickness of the shoe removed from the window, but look at the 15-121 and see if this might be a good match. Let us know what you find.

A quick learner from Indianapolis, IN says:
Hi, Bob. This situation looks remarkably like one I'm dealing with. Our NuSash windows were installed in 1994. I've had some spiral balances let loose from the pivot shoe. I messed up one balance trying to reattach it with pliers and a screw driver. Clearly the charging tool would have helped.

I've also lost door on my weep vents. It would help immensely if you have any knowledge of the components that went into NuSash windows of that time frame. I've reached out to the company, and they have no replacement parts. They said their product has been redesigned and referred me to a supplier in Cincinnati, Ohio as a possible source for parts.

I've been reviewing your website for best possible matches, but if you already know something about the NuSash double hung tilt window design, it would help.
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for your patience during this busy season. Honestly, all this hardware can vary quite, independent of the brand of window. To replace your weep vent, the best thing to do would be to see a picture of your original hardware out of the window. If it's a weep hole cover you're looking for specifically, I'd look at the 26-186 first anyways. This is a very reliable replacement since it can cover a wide range of weep holes, you just need to drill new holes to install it.

A quick learner from Indianapolis, IN says:
Welllll, your parts are already in the mail. I went with a best guess based on your supporting pictures and videos. I should find out in a few days how well I've done. If I'm wrong, I may be checking in again regarding your return and replace policies, but for now I've got reasonable confidence that the correct parts have been ordered. God help me to be right. If I'm wrong, I'll send you photos. It's moot now since the part have been shipped.

Rich
Profile picture of Bob

Hi Rich. I certainly hope you are right! If you unfortunately find the parts you ordered didn't work out, check out our Return Policy here. And yes, in that case, send us photos and we'll do what we can to assist. 

A home owner from Indianapolis, IN says:
Bob, I just wanted to say that your images, specifications, and videos (on YouTube) were SPOT ON! At worst I have two more spiral balances than I need. The weep vents were exactly right (not the ones you recommended) thanks to the images and specs. No drilling required. Popped out the old and popped in the new. Easy as pie.

The videos on replacing pivot shoes were extremely helpful. They were exactly what I needed. Except for the balance I tried to fix WITHOUT THE RIGHT TOOL, I'd probably have needed no balances and several more pivot shoes. I'll be ordering more of those later. (I'll swap you some balances for the pivot shoes I ordered.)

It's been great working with you. Thanks for everything. My philosophy has been to fix rather than replace. You've save me money fixing what I can rather than replacing all these windows. God bless you all!
Profile picture of Bob

Hi Rich. Thanks for the very kind words! That's why we're here, and you nailed it: you can just fix your windows with the right hardware in so many cases, without needing to replace the windows wholesale. Sometimes it just takes a little direction to know where to start. Please let us know if you ever need anything else, and many thanks for considering our business.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.