Condo Windows - Daniel Island, SC

A home owner from Charleston, SC says:

There are some damaged 12 year old single sash windows in my condo unit. It appears that I will need channel balances, pivot shoes and snap in glazing to do the repairs. There are 100 condo units in our complex and I am quite sure that others are having problems with their windows as the instalation of those in mine appear quite poor.

I would like for you to send me matches for all. Enclosed are photos.

The channel balances shown are 34 inches in length and support a 27 pound sash. They have the number "34D" stamped in them. Their depth is 17/32 and their width is 9/16 to 19/32.

The approximate dimensions of the pivot shoes shown are 15/16 wide by 1 7/8 long by 17/32 deep.

The snap in sash shown is approximately 1 1/8 wide with a profile depth of 3/8.

I will borrow a micrometer and measure these more accurately if need be.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0893.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0892.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0894.jpg
A home owner from Charleston, SC says:

Note that the windows have one fixed sash and the bottom sash that raises tilts out for its cleaning and removal.

Jim 

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing into SWISCO, Jim. Please begin your search with taking a closer look at the 15-167 pivot shoe. Compare your measurements to ours. Personally, I believe the dimensions are very close. As for the balance system, we believe you have Series 770-34 with a 34D spring weight. Take a look. Does this look correct to you? Lastly,for the glazing strip, we need a couple of more photos showing the cross section view with dimensions.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)