Confirm if item 90-026 ONE HOLE sweep lock is made of metal

A home owner from Miami, Florida says:

Have identified above part for my single hung windows in my 1972 condo building. I cannot use a sweep lock with two holes.

Pls confirm:

• a) if part is made of metal--NOT INTERESTED IN A PLASTIC PART
  • b) whether I can use a screw inside the plastic bushing and
  • c) which screw I need to buy to fit this sweep lock.

Can screw 33-083 #8-32 x 5/8 Phillips Pan SS screw work with above one hole sweep lock? IF not, what is the screw item/number etc I would have to purchase.

Pls advise asap to place the order. Thank you Beatrice

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Beatrice. The 90-026 is made of metal, yes, and it is designed to be installed using a screw. The specific size we recommend is an  #8 x 5/8 pan head, so the 33-083 would be a good choice. You can of course use any screw of that size that you have laying around, or from a local hardware store. Whichever is easiest for you.

A home owner from Miami, Florida says:
Tom
Thank you for your prompt response and advice. I have just ordered 8 METAL sweep locks and 10 pan head screws.

Hope I do not have to return anything!

Have a peaceful and healthy Xmas/holidays and Pls STAY SAFE.
Regards,
Beatrice
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you very much, Beatrice! It means a lot. Please let me know if you ever need anything else or if you have any follow up questions. And I hope you have a good holiday, too!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.