Conkling/Vance Windows

A contractor from Baltimore, MD, raised in Monmouth County NJ says:

You folks have a history of impressing me with your knowledge of window and door parts. You make me look good to my clients.

Do the attached photos look like Series 751 Channel Balances to you? I don't see any metal channel, either square or ribbed, in the photos I took. Perhaps the channel is higher up in the window frame? I believe they mount in the upper part of the frame, right? I looked around the Swisco site and 751 is the closest I saw. Definitely tilt windows. Plastic frame stamped 30TGB RS, but I don't think that has anything to to with the balances. No window brand visible.

Thanks!

Rich

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I agree that the Series 751 looks like a good match, but your shoe is a little different. I think that might be our 15-197. Can you confirm? Ours is black, but if you can confirm that it's the same style then we can look into the availability of the blue version.

The metal channel should be higher in the window, yes. It's likely obscured by a cover of some kind. You would have to pry those off to get to it.

While we look into the availability of the blue shoe, can you just tell me how many of these balances you need altogether? That will be necessary for when we set this order up for you.

Holy crap. You guys are the best. Yes, looking at the photos I posted and a couple others I took, the 15-197 looks right. I suspect different color shoes represent different weights/strengths?

I think the client has 3 windows with issues, so 6 balances. Let me confirm before we place an order. Personally, I'd order what we need now, plus a spare pair.

How about the ropes and other parts? Are the balances sold as complete units? Or do I need to order shoes separate from the other bits and pieces?

Thanks for your efforts.
Profile picture of Tom

Yep, the color of the shoe denotes different grades. We're still looking into whether the blue option is something we can provide; I'll let you know ASAP.

Our balances come fully assembled and ready to install out of the box. Assuming we can get the blue option for this shoe, we'd basically custom make an S751-31 balance for you with a 30TG option and that shoe swapped out on the bottom. It will come with the spring, pulleys, ropes, and everything needed to get your window working again.

Please just bear with us a little longer as we try to pin down this shoe. I hope to have an answer for you soon.

And for what it's worth, we think you're the best!

Thanks, Tom! The client says there are four windows that need help, and she'd like to order a 5th pair as a back-up, assuming the cost is reasonable.

No big rush. I wouldn't be able to install for a few weeks anyway. Plus, well, snow.

Thanks!

Rich 

Profile picture of Tom

Great, thanks Rich! I'll shoot that over now. Let me know if you have any questions. We appreciate your business!

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.