Constant Force Balance coil spring

A handy person from Cumming Georgia says:

Hi,

I'm not sure if that's the correct name of this, and I do realize that the parts are still in the window frame- think it's a vinyl window- but can this be replaced? If so, what would I need to purchase to replace the broken one, how would I identify the part?

Please help me, as this is in my basement apartment of a home and I'm trying to assist my landlord in search for fixing this.

Thank you

Clifton 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 851AE52F-82E9-496B-AD69-C9F4B2839D6C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 813DF497-4278-4D38-98AE-D74B97F67111.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7B5D5B6B-789F-4F86-BB7F-EBC640931A0B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6D5DC097-ED9D-46F9-87A7-08E777CC2E79.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Clifton.

The coil balance parts in these photos can certainly be replaced. The coil clip looks like our 15-186 which makes me believe you likely have the 15-180. This pivot shoe is designed to work with the Series 190 coil springs. I recommend you look over the specifications for this part to ensure it matches what you have now. 

I also recommend checking the band of the old coil springs for a stamped weight code. If there aren't any, you'll need to divide the sash weight by the total number of springs to determine the proper coil weights. 

If you have any questions just let me know! 

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.