Contact SWISCO

A handy person from Ashland says:
Older Pozzi casement windows located in a bay over a kitchen sink. New owner is short and can't reach the operator handle. Looking at your 4" crank extension (39-157) which I think will work (hardware operator is Truth dyad). Question is can I combine the 4" extension with your universal joint W/ pole eye (39-078L) and get a short pole so she can reach everything for sure? The other question is forget the extension and just use the universal with a pole. Whatcha think? Thanks, B
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. Sure, you can combine the extension with the joint. The extensions are mostly used to give you clearance over deeper window sills or hard-to-reach spots. If that's not a factor for you, and the only thing you have to worry about is height, then I think you can get away with just the 39-078L and a pole. Let me know what you think.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.