Contact SWISCO

A quick learner from USA says:
Hello, I am looking for a channel balance for a window that is 60" in height, 52" width and one 35" height and 24 and 1/2" in width. I do not know which is the right one since you have such a wide selection. Can you help? I can send a picture of the one I removed, please feel free to email me. Thank You, Sheila
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210612_144700165.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210612_144751314.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Sheila.

Can you show me a closer picture of the inner spiral tip? I will do my best to assist from there. 

Hi Emily,

The spiral tip in pictures 1 and 2 is the top of channel balance with covered plastic on good window and rusted one is broken.
Pics 3 and 4 is bottom portion with plastic attached,these are the best pics I have because it is difficult to remove.

The spiral is attached to spring in middle of window. Hope this helps. Thanks

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220526_154134.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220526_153831.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220526_153628.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220526_153433.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks very much! This looks like a spiral balance for a tilt window such as our 3/8" diameter Series 900 or 5/8" diameter Series 600. Take a look and see which one matches up best to your original hardware. Your balance should also have a colored tip that will indicate what strength option you'll need. 

Hello,

According to the measurements, my balance is 30" series 900 spiral, the balance tip color is white but is not listed under this product, also my balance is covered in plastic not metal, does that make a difference? Do I need to order the spiral charging tool? I want to make sure I have the correct product so a return is not necessary.
Any help will be appreciated, Thank You
Profile picture of Emily

Since your tip color is faded, you'll need to weigh your sash on a scale and refer to the chart under the product description on the S900-30 product page to determine the appropriate spring strength option for your balance.

Our balance has a metal tube instead of plastic but will work all the same. Metal tubes also won't crack as they can stand UV light from the sun. And yes, we recommend our 75-006 tool which will make things easier. Let me know if this helps or if you had any other questions. 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.