Corner Bracket Insert

A handy person from Firebaugh says:
I dont know the brand of my sliding screen door but mine had these plastic corner inserts. Theyre 1-1/8 just like the 95-020 Acorn, but my piece appears to be just about a hair above 3/8 wide. Wondering would these fit my screen door because i cant find these plastic corners anywhere? The hole for the wheels starts at 3-5/8 and is about 1.5 inches wide. Any help would be great thanks.
User submitted a photo of a screen door corner.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! You could consider our 84-026 corner wheel, which is 1-1/8" wide and 13/32" thick. You will, however, need to remove the wheel and adjusting screw to get it to work in your door. Would this solution work for you.
A quick learner from firebaugh says:
I was looking into those as well. They will work but I doubt they will with the stock wheels since their adjustment screws are on top. Could these work if perhaps I drill a hole on the side to gain access to the adjusting screw.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You can try that, but most service people who have used this part have removed the adjusting screw and roller and just used it as a corner key.
How to repair a spring roller on a sliding screen door
How to repair a spring roller on a sliding screen door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Screen Door Corner and Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Screen Door Corner and Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.