Corner Key

A quick learner from Hammond, Indiana says:
My windows open up and down and swing down to clean. These corner parts have broken off of most of them and I simply cannot find a replacement. I bought the house 20 years ago and the windows were already installed about 10 years prior I think. I DO NOT frustrating know the name brand of the window.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2195.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2206.JPG
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I notice these parts right away. In my time, I have come across these windows with the discontinued nylon pivot bars. I was able to replace them with the 26-326 and reversed them and installed the bars with the "U" shape going into the sash and have the flat end exposed. See if you can do the same to get these to work for you. Get back to us if you are still having a little trouble.

A quick learner from IN says:
IT WORKED!! Thank you so very much, it really worked. I just ordered 20 more pieces and soon will have my whole house back to all good. Thank You so very much.

Darlene
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Amazing, Darlene! You're welcome.

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.