Corner Tilt/Swivel Keys Needed

A quick learner from TN says:
I need some vinyl/plastic corner tilt/swivel keys. The thickness is 3/16, I need some that are (inside the corner dimensions) 7/8" long/wide on the top (not including tip) and 1 1/4 wide on the bottom (not including tip), with a 1/8 diameter pivot.

The dimensions including the tips are: 1 1/8" wide (outside dimensions) by 1 5/8" tall including the pivot pin.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Tilt_Swivel Pin .jpg
A quick learner from USA says:
I need some vinyl/plastic corner tilt/swivel keys. The thickness is 3/16, I need some that are (inside the corner dimensions) 7/8" long/wide on the top (not including tip) and 1 1/4 wide on the bottom (not including tip), with a 1/8 diameter pivot. The dimensions including the tips are: 1 1/8" wide (outside dimensions) by 1 5/8" tall including the pivot pin. Do you have any? Would prefer black but I'm not too choosy. Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220423_104046.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220423_104024.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not carry the corner key shown in your photos with one short and one long leg. The only option we carry that's similar would be the 95-250 with legs that are equal lengths. You would have to drill a hole for the 95-250 to accept the locking tab at the bottom of the corner. 

Also, take a look at the self-locking 95-140 corner. I have used this corner for storm window repairs in the past. They have spring clips that lock into the storm sash channel. Take a look at the suggested corners and compare them to yours to see which would fit best. Thanks for posting! 

A home owner from Colorado says:
The photos shows a broke end that locks into the sash channel which I broke not realizing the design. Both legs are the same 3/4" and the thickness is the same 3/16" as per the measurements of 95-250. My tilt key has an extra ledge beneath the pivot pin. Will this exasperate the fit?

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220908_132719.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220908_131350.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220908_131334.jpg

Unfortunately, your corner key with one regular leg and one long leg is no longer available. I do think that the 95-140 could work as a replacement since it has metal spring clips that grip and hold the corner in place. The 95-250 may also work but you would have to drill a hole in a different location in your storm sash to accommodate the shorter leg. I would personally use the 95-140 corner in your situation. Take a look and see what you think. 

I will try with a key that doesn't have a broken end. As you can see both legs are the same size and the measurement is the same all around as stated in the previous post. The only question, as before, will the ledge or base underneath the pivot pin be a hindrance to fit? As you see mine doesn't have one. I suspect it won't be. What say you?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0.jpg
My previous post was referencing 95-250 which has 2 ledges.
I'm curious, This tilt key is 7/32". This one has ridges and I suspect the measurement is of the outside ridges, depth, and width. Would this fit if my key is 3/16" X 3/16"? Because it's 1/32" more, it would secure a snug fit. This looks identical to mine as you can see in the previous posts except for the ridges and size. I don't know the size of the legs, but I don't think it would matter.

There are 2 previous posts in case they are missed.

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 519KK7v3+FL._AC_SY300_SX300_.jpg

I believe that the 95-073 tilt corner would be too thick to fit into your storm frame. You might have to file down the leg to have it fit into the channel. 

As for the 95-250, I don't see the extra ledge you're referring to but, ultimately, the determining factor would be the dimensions since you could file down the extra piece if needed. 

With that being said, I would still personally try the 95-140.

Sorry for the confusion. The photo uploaded will explain my lack of a proper word for ledge.

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named ledge.jpg

Thank you for clarifying. I don't see this being a problem as long as your screen frame can accommodate the extra piece but, as we mentioned, you can always file it down if the extra lip gets in the way when installing the corner. Just keep in mind that parts are no longer eligible for return once they are modified. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.