Correct channel balance

A home owner says:

Hello I have already replaced one of my channel balances and now have had a second one on the same window fail. I replaced the second one with your 385 34" 3320. After install I quickly realized that the 3320 was not the correct strength. (I thought that is what the original was) The sash weighs 33lbs so I believe I need a 3360. I just want to make sure I am ordering the correct one as after looking again, I'm not sure that I don't need the 380.

The markings on the original balances are 33 5 JT CMC 2. Nothing else. I will enclose some pictures.

Thank you for your help.

Nick

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1546 (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1544.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1545 (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1547 (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1548 (1).jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Nick. Sorry to hear the stamp option you ordered didn't work out; you can view our Return Policy here. In general, we recommend that you always replace the original stamp code; your balance's stamp of 33-5 conforms to our stamp option of 3350. However, this option is for a window sash in the weight range of  28 through 32 lbs. Are you certain your window sash weighs 33 lbs? If so, did you ever have trouble keeping the window open, even before the balances broke? If so, then it's possible you really did need a stronger stamp option of 3360. But I'd double-check your sash's exact weight to be extra sure. 

As far as the right Series to pick, the only difference between the Series 380 and Series 385 is the depth of the bottom nylon shoe. This could be thought of as the 'heel-to-toe' measurement. The Series 380 has a depth of 1", while the Series 385 has a depth of 1-3/32". Compare both with your old hardware to confirm what works best.

A home owner from Murrieta, California says:
Thank you Bob!
Profile picture of Bob

My pleasure. Let me know how you make out. Thanks for your business, we really do appreciate it.

A home owner from Murrieta, California says:
Glad I asked. I needed the 380 not the 385 which is what I originally ordered. Thanks again. Take care.
Profile picture of Bob

Glad we double-checked! Let us know if you need anything else, and be safe.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.