Correct length for a S900 Spiral balance

A home owner from Owasso, Oklahoma says:
The length,(the best I can tell from measurement of the broken spiral balance)I need to replace is 28.5" Should I order a 28" or a 29" spiral length from Swisco? We look forward to your speedy reply.
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Are you definitely just measuring the metal tube (sometimes plastic)? Do not include the colored tip or the internal spiral spring in your measurement.
A home owner from Owasso, Oklahoma says:
The length of the assembly, LESS the colored tip and the internal spiral spring, is 27 3/4".
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Make sure you're only measuring the tube portion of the balance before you determine what length you will need. For example, I have added an image below that shows the proper measurement of a 10" spiral balance.
Image displaying how to measure the spiral balance length.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.