Correct operator model for awning windows

A home owner from Somers Point, NJ says:
Looking for a RH awning window operator (at least I think these are called awning windows). My broken operator looks very much like 39-378 (though it also looks a lot like many others). The dimensions are: Distance between top and bottom mounting holes: 5 1/4 (dim a) Distance between bottom two mounting holes: 1 1/8 (dim b) Distance between pivot holes on swing arm: 2 1/2 (dim c) I think I can deal with a slight difference in dim b by drilling a new hole in the aluminum frame and using a bolt instead of sheet metal screw. I don't know if the difference between the 2 1/2 vs 2 7/16 on the swing arm is a "killer" or not. Or, if there is a model that has my exact dimensions that I missed. Thanks.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I believe the the 39-012 operator looks like a better fit. These were sold quite commonly in the Somers Point area years back.
A home owner from Somers Point NJ says:
Thanks for the info, Dave. I notice that the 39-012 has an exact mounting hole dimension match, but the swing arm with the 3/8 hole is 2 11/16, vs the old one at 2 1/2. I don't know how important the length of that arm is - would the 3/16 excess length be an issue with these awning windows? In other words, is that better than the 39-378 witt the swing arm that is 1/16 shorter?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I think you should be okay. Those link arms get a pretty decent amount of play, and I don't think 3/16" would be that noticeable of a difference after all is said and done.
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.