Correct sash balance

A quick learner from Islip NY says:
What model sash spring ballancer do I need for Anderson window CIG -1 2-95.6
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Is that a code from the window itself? Looks like it. That's less useful than the code on the balance. Can you check the surface of the balance box for markings or printed codes?
A home owner from East Islip, NY says:
Thanks, I understand that
I was trying to get the correct balance from the code on the actual window so I could order the balances before dismantling the window
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
That code gives me the month and year they made the glass: February 1995, but nothing else, unfortunately. Give us the visible width and height of the glass in the top and bottom sash and we will try to match the balance for you.
A quick learner from NY says:
It has the number 11600-17 printed on it
Profile picture of Tom
I'm afraid that number doesn't tell us what you need. It's actually hard to articulate exactly which stamp is the right one. If you were to show us a picture of each stamp printed on the balance, I'm certain we can pick out the best replacement for you.
A quick learner from Islip, NY says:
See attached pic. The visible glass measures 20 5/16w x 15 7/8h
andersen balance
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you! The key number here appears to be "5 19," located on the tab at the bottom right hand corner of your picture. That said, it's a little faded. Can you confirm? If it is 5 19, then I recommend our 24-531 as a replacement balance.
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.