Could you be able to identify this coil balance please?

A home owner from west springfield, Virginia says:

Dear Sir or Ma'am. How are you doing?

I heard a popping sound while I tried to open the window. Now my window slides down immediately as soon as I opened it, unless I hold it firmly or stick something underneath it.

I watched several How to videos in the YouTube, and one of them leads me to your website. I believe the broken part is called coil balance, but I do not know who made them or what model it might be. I tried to get the window out of the frame, and it won't come out.

I have no idea which company made the window, as I can not contact previous owner who is living outside the USA.

I attached a picture of coil balance, which is still in good shape. (which is left side, broken coil balance is right side) Could you able to help me identify it, find the right part and finally how to install correctly?

Thank you very much.

Youndo

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230511_154936[1].jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Youndo. I'm not sure who made your window either, but I am very familiar with this coil balance assembly. What you have here is an older version of our 15-251 support, in addition to the Series 160 coil spring (sold separately).

You'll note right away that the 15-251 is much longer than your original support, but it will still work just the same. It just may be a little trickier to put it in the track. The tradeoff is that it will be easier to take the sash out or put it back in. You should also check the width of your spring band, too, to ensure that it's the same 1/2" as our Series 160. It should be, but you can never be too safe. 

As for installation, it's fairly straightforward. There should be a cutout at the top of the window track that you can use to slide out the original assembly. This is also where you'd put in the new assembly. You'll also note a bracket at the top of the track, probably the same design as our 16-032. This is what connects to the "T" end of the Series 160 spring. The spring anchors to this mounting clip and extends while the rest of the assembly slides down the track. 

Hopefully that makes sense. You should get an idea of how it works as you remove the original.

A home owner from west springfield, Virginia says:
Tom, Thanks a lot for your help.
I will look into those items you mentioned.

I do find a sticker on top inside of the window.
I attached a picture of it, so would you kindly be able to take a look at it please?
I think it may help you and I identify the maker and other useful information.

I tried take a window out of the frame, but it won't come out. It looks like I need to unscrew the supporting metal feet(?) first. Also I am not sure there is a cutout on top of window track. So, I will keep look at it and try to take some plastic covers out to find what's going on.

Please keep me posted.

Thank you very much.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230516_105815[1].jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This sticker tells me that it was made by Vytex Corporation, but I am unfortunately not familiar with that name or their products. 

As for removal of the sash, you don't want to unscrew the pivot bars. The method of removing the sash is to raise it a few inches, tilt it in, and then twist out. I'll share a couple videos below that maybe of some help to you in this project. None of them feature this exact balance assembly, but the principles of replacement are similar.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.