Cover plate for 82-243

A home owner from Ocean City, MD says:
Good afternoon,

Looks like I need part number "82-243" due to size and being on the coast. I also will need the cover plate to match. I think the handle part number "82-086" is correct as well. I need a new latch catcher too.

Please see attached pictures. Let me know what I need to order. Thanks,
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20211104_150059.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20211104_150046.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20211104_150053.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20211104_150225.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

The 82-226 comes with the same lock body and the face plate, but I am afraid there is no stainless steel version. I apologize for the inconvenience. The 82-086 does work with this mortise lock, but make sure the positioning for where the thumb lever and key lock would be are offset towards the bottom screw hole for the handle set, and not perfectly centered between the mounting holes. Finally, for an accompanying keeper see our 89-020 or 89-021

Thanks Bob,

I am ordering the pieces now and will upload installed photos when I am done.

Also, do you think they will make a stainless steel version? The coast line is rough on non-stainless steel products.

Thanks for the help.
Profile picture of Bob

Unfortunately I have no knowledge of a version of the 82-226 that is stainless steel. I certainly understand your dilemma, and it's unfortunate only the lock body comes with the option, with the 82-243. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

After photos, almost 100%

Pretty easy installation, just one screw snapped in the sleeve screw. Can I order these separate? The hardest thing was snapping off the key tails. The keeper is too thick, so I had reinstall the old one. Pictures attached.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20211111_134513.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20211111_134532.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20211111_134523.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20211111_130738.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20211111_134426.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for getting back to us. We have some spare screws from a returned handle set on hand, and my customer service manager is sending these out to you ASAP. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks a lot,

Swisco most certainly a top notch company!
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.