Craft line Windows seal?

A quick learner from Clarkston, MI says:
We bought a house with Craftline Windows. The windows were installed in 1992.
There is a black foam type material on the inside of the window next to the glass. The material is crumbling and coming out. What is it and can it be replaced?
User submitted a photo of weatherseal.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
This Foam looks like it is pressed up against the glass to act as a seal or a cushion between the glass and wood trim. If that is what it is you could damage the glass when you try to remove the wood trim to replace it. I would suggest using a type of window caulk to seal and cover it up. That could be a solution to hide it and seal the glass.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)