Crank Extender for Pozzi Window

A home owner from CA says:
Hello,

I just had a bay window cushion made and I cannot turn the crank without hitting the cushion. Would a 2 or 4 " crank extender solve the problem? My window was made by Pozzi in the 90's..

Thank you!
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to help you find a solution to your problem. If you could send us a picture of the issue that you're having with your window, we might be able to provide you with a solution and let you know if a crank extender would help. Thank you!

Thank you so much! Here are the pictures.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Ah, I see. I do think a crank extension would get these windows operating again, specifically our 39-157, but I do worry that it would be sticking out where someone would sit down. If that's not a concern, then I'm confident it will fix your issue.

One other note, because I'm paranoid: I'm not sure what the projection of your old handle might be. I highly doubt it's going to still hit the cushion with an added 4" to the stem, but just in case you might want to consider a butterfly handle like our 39-102. This may even work with a mere 2" extension like our 39-337, but that might be cutting it close. Just something to keep in mind. The point is, you have options. It's hard to estimate what will be ideal, but look over our dimensions and photos and see what you think.

Thank you. The cushion is 3 inches thick, if the butterfly crank would be above that and will then then I think that will be the best solution. Thanks for your help, i'll measure it all out.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.