Trouble removing Andersen operator cover screws

A from Larchmont, NY says:

Hi,

As you can see from the photo my Andersen windows have the crank cover type that screws in place. My intention was to replace the covers and cranks to freshen and clean up the look of the windows since they've gotten paint on them over the years and generally look scruffy.

However with the crank removed and the screws out the cover doesn't seem to want to cone off. From the research I've done it now seems I would have to take the wood stop off to remove the cover? Can you confirm if that is correct? It seems like a lot to just replace a cover.

Thanks,

Chris

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EBA47171-7F13-4EAE-8A81-C1AC5118E026.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You shouldn't have to remove the sill trim to take this cover off. I think it's more likely that your screws are corroded and stuck in place. I would try soaking them in WD-40 overnight to see if that loosens them up.

If you are able to get the cover off, our 39-154 should work excellently as a replacement. We also carry the 39-286 handle.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.