Crank handle

A home owner from USA says:
I need to replace this simco handle from I think the mid 70s

the 39-114L handle did not work 11\32 is too small the bore on my semco handle is 7\16 any suggestions??
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Closet-facing side.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2687.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2688.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2689.JPG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Based on your picture and the Semco brand, the 39-114 or 39-114L should work for you. If you're having problems, there might be another problem that needs to be addressed to repair your operator. Thank you. 

The 39-114 has bore that is too small. My Semco handle has a 7/16 bore the 39-114 bore is 11/32 too small

Thanks Dale
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 644F00F4-C097-46C7-8E5A-C855497616B0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 371C380F-6C85-427C-A7D1-43AE624E4AB5.jpeg
Profile picture of Tim
Tim from SWISCO responded:

I agree with Casey, this looks just like an 11/32" operator. I think the issue you're having is that your old operator handle used a set-screw to install while the 39-114L is pressure fit. Give it a little more umph when you install, or maybe apply a little WD-40 first. It should snap in.

there is no way this 39-114 handle will fit THE HOLE IS TOO SMALL it is 7\16 not 11\32 you can see that in the picture I sent with the drill bits. you cant use wd 40 to put a 11\32 bore onto a 7\16 shaft
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I agree with Tim and Casey, that looks like 11/32". If you're convinced it's 7/16" then you could use our 39-195, but this is very uncommon.

I would triple check your dimensions. I've seen your operator style a million times in my career here and it has always had an 11/32" spline. I actually had another customer just the other day who had something like this with the same Semco branding on the handle. They looked on the operator arms and found the name "Truth EntryGard." I would check your operator for similar stamps. Truth has only ever made operators with an 11/32" spline. That will confirm it for you. If you see no Truth marks, you could go with our 39-195.

SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.