Crank window-Hardware replacement

A home owner from Essex, Vermont (05452) says:

Hello,

I need to replace the hardware on two crank windows, which are identical. One opens to the right, the other window opens to the left.

Please see the attached pictures for guidance. There is no manufacturer information on the windows or hardware that I can tell. The opening in the window frame for the base of the crank is 5" wide.

Please let me know if you need any other measurements or info.

Thank you for your help.

Chris

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named mechanism.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named crank base 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named crank base 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named crank.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Chris. We can definitely supply this operator for you, but I can't make out exactly what you have from these photos. Some important details are obscured, so I'll need you to remove it from the window and show me a new picture of it by itself. That will allow me to recommend a good match.

A home owner from Essex, Vermont (05452) says:

Hello Tom,

Thank you for your reply.

I attached more pictures that may be helpful. One picture shows a label that may tell you the make and model. If so, could you tell me please who the manufacturer is?

I was not sure how to entirely remove the crank "base" from the window itself. Do you have any videos/links or suggestions?

Thank you for the other reply on the sliding door handle. I will be placing the order today.

Thanks,

Chris

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named crank window B1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named crank window B5.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named crank window B7.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named crank window B8.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named crank window B9.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks, Chris. It's still a little hard to make out, but I think you might just have a match for our 39-188 operator. Look it over and let me know if you agree.

The label you're showing in your fourth photo unfortunately doesn't tell me anything.

A home owner from Essex, Vermont says:
Hello,
Thank you for your reply.
For the same window, I need to replace the locks. I am not sure if those are related to the operator hardware, so am continuing the conversation. Could you tell me please what locks are suitable for this window?

I need to replace this for a window that opens to the right and one window that opens to the left.

Attached are two pictures.

Please let me know if I can clarify. I really appreciate your help with this.

Thanks,
Chris
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Lock 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Lock 2.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Hello again, Chris! You could potentially have a bunch of different locks, depending on a few different factors. The biggest factor in your case would be the projection and size of the locking fork itself.

I recommend looking at our 38-095 and 38-096 to start out. Carefully review the photos and dimensions we show for these locks and see if either could work for you. Note that the design of your locking fork may not look anything like ours, but these are still a decent place to start just to get an idea of what you need to consider. I'm happy to review any other photos you can take of these if neither product I mentioned is a match.

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.