Crestline Casement Window Operator Replacement

A home owner from Danbury, CT says:
I need a replacement Operator Spindle for an old Crestline Casement Window. It looks like there is a locking washer that came off, and as a result the window can crank open but won't close (when it closes the spindle pulls out of the gears because it is not held in).
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately when those internal gears break down it means the entire operator has worn down and needs to be replaced. Can you show me a picture of the entire assembly, including the link arm(s)? I should be able to assist from there. 

Hi. Here are the photos. I can replace if I know what to order to match the other side. I also don't know how to take the sill off to get at the gears. Any advice is appreciated.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 22EC6DFB-E749-45C6-AE1D-1455D835375E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 279F1A1A-0BE2-467A-AA86-7E45508E4F1E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 61C76BB2-6B7C-4417-8DF8-0EBBFF7157B9.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A53B5301-C902-4C88-B4D8-3294B24A12FB.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 24D11490-1827-44F5-9EFA-86DF91DED72D.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Bob's not here today but I should be able to help. Like he said, once that worm gear comes out it unfortunately can't be repaired, so a new operator is your only option. These pictures are great, though, and I feel confident looking at your design that you want the 39-216. We also sell the 39-217 for the opposite side. Note the design of the arm, especially the bend it has, as well as the "zig zag" shape. Those are the clues I used to pick this product out of our inventory. I think I'm right but let me know if you had any doubts or questions.

As for removing the sill trim, that can be a little tricky but it's not as bad as you think. It's just a bit of a project. We have a video on a different style operator that is installed using the same principles that I think you will find helpful.

thanks! Can I order that new one from you guys? How much is it and will it match the other one, or will I need to order the other too. Also, how long will it take to get her if I order?

I ask because we are putting our house on the market next week.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sure, all orders can be placed on our site at your convenience. You can follow the links I provided in my previous post or you can just search those products codes on our site yourself. You can find a detailed price breakdown for each part on their respective store page.

Concerning shipping cost, that will depend on what delivery method you choose during checkout. We offer multiple. We do have these in stock, though, so how soon you get them is ultimately up to you.

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.