Crestline casement windows parts

A quick learner from Arlington Heights, IL says:

I'm needing some guidance on Crestline parts for my casement Windows. I'm assuming I require a whole new assembly (operator?), but want to insure I purchase the correct parts.

The longest arm has "Entryguard Truth" on it and the shorter arm has number 20810. I assume this is dual arm?

I am seeking new plastic coverings and crank handles as well (as depicted in photos).

Question: how do I distinguish right-handed from left handed operator mechanisms? Do I look externally into the house and see which side the operator mechanism is located?

Greatly appreciate the guidance on distinguishing left/right Operators, part numbers for crank handles and part numbers for plastic coverings.

Thanks

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BBFB206D-3E3E-4734-9D40-0C0683ADFFA4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A1C6E012-33E5-4ED9-9A78-485F2286B601.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8FE7494C-7A5C-43FD-BBC5-C71B19BAA506.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 469A966D-6CD5-4A60-A7C6-2EA65A89B5EA.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Every manufacturer defines "left" and "right" differently. It can be aggravating. Sometimes its from inside the house, sometimes its outside, or even what side of the window the part sits on.

Personally speaking, you'd be better served just looking at the physical details of the operator, like what direction the arm goes, where the gears are, etc. For example, looking at your photos, I can tell the the operator in your first photo is the 39-031 and the operator in your second photo is the 39-032

At least, I'm pretty sure that's what you have, ignoring left and right for the moment; you should compare your dimensions to yours to confirm everything lines up. We have detailed photos and dimensions on each product's store page that you can use as a reference.

A quick learner from Arlington Heights, IL says:
Great! Thank you so much for the response.
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.