Crestline lock and keeper

A quick learner from Cape Cod, MA says:
hi,

Im missing three latch and keeper sets and it looks like 90-298 lock will replace the original Crestline but the 909-282 keeper is quite different than the one on my Crestline window....About an inch wider.

Thoughts?!!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named picture-2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named picture-3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named picture-1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named picture.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That keeper is a little different from our 90-282. Can you tell me what the hole spacing is, center-to-center? If it's within the range shown in the image below then the 90-282 is probably our best option. I cannot guarantee it will work, but I don't think we'll have anything closer.

Alternate view of 90-282
Alternate view of 90-282
I would also double check the offset of your lock. Your hole centers look closer to the back edge than on our 90-298, which are 5/8" back.
Hi Tom,

Hole spacing on my keeper is 1 5/8" I might have to set new holes for both the keeper and the latch. I did see a keeper that came with a pella latch as a "set" 90-243 that looks nearly dead on...
Profile picture of Tom

Ah, you're right, that is similar. Now that I think about it, Pella did make a lock similar to yours many years ago. Is this a Pella window instead of Crestline? That might be worth looking into. 

If that is what you have, then I can tell you it's not made anymore. The 90-243 may indeed be your best option, though it would of course require adaptation to get it to work in the space available in your window. The lock is just too big to fit in the original cavity.

I'm pretty sure they are Crestline but not positive as there is no stamping anywhere except CIG 03 00 13.0 which is stamped between the panes. I gotta try something, what would u suggest
Profile picture of Tom

I really can't say. All I know for sure is that we don't have anything exactly like the hardware pictured. Anything we have will require adaptation of the sash to install, and even then there's no certainty they will work. By adaptation I mean drilling new holes or, if this is a wood sash, dremeling out the cavity to accept a different size. 

You may be better off checking with a local hardware store--not a big box store, but more like a mom and pop outfit who has history in the area. These kind of shops tend to have older hardware that is long since discontinued. If they're familiar with homes in your area then they may at least be able to point you in the right direction.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.