Crystal Tilt Sash Window - Replacement Pivot Bar & Shoe

A home owner from Delaware says:

Hello,

The need to replace several broken pivot bars on my 15 year old Crystal tilt sash windows. I'm not able to get the broken pieces out of the shoe while in the jamb so I'm not sure if the shoes need to be replaced as well. I only have pictures of the broken off bar in the shoe and a few pieces of the broken bars that fell out. Unfortunately, the pieces are not all from the same window so I can't get an exact measurement of the length. The windows they came from are 30Wx34H and 46Wx32H if that helps.

The approximate shoe measurements: 2"H x 7/8"W x 1/2"D. I can't remove the shoes to get exact specs until I get the jamb expanders (no cut out in frame). 

Hoping someone can help me determine which replacement pivot bars would work and which pivot shoe would work (if needed).

Thanks so much!

Bernie

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting, Bernie. I've known other Crystal window customers to successfully use our 15-188 pivot shoe and 26-360 pivot bar. You might also want a 75-006 charging tool to help with installation. We also pulled up another way of removing the pivot shoe that you may be interested in. You may find it easier than using jamb spreaders.

A handy person from NYC says:
Hi, I also have Crystal Windows and ordered new balance shoes 15-188. It seems like it should fit, however, the brake makes the part too large, and therefore you can't turn the metal piece to put the window in. In other words, when the brake isn't engaged, the piece fits fine, but when you try to turn the metal part (so that the slit it pointed upwards) in order to insert the window, the brake tries to engage. The brake makes the part too large, and the slit is not able to turn to be pointed upward and therefore you can't insert the window. Any suggestions?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

We have another type pivot shoe that locks from the sides instead of the back, since the thickness seems too much to engage the pivot bar in the metal cam. See our 15-135 and let me know if you think you could get this to work.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a sliding glass door
How to adjust a sliding glass door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.