Custom balance

A home owner from Crystal City, TX says:
I need to repair some windows that do not stay up. I have looked on your site "identify your part" I saw a post on pg.60 dated 2/20/14 and the pic is the same as my balance the post you all advised was a special order. My measures 30" long and 5/8 diameter and I can barely see some red or orange plastic at one end. Assuming you can supply me the parts are there instructions on installing the new one or do I need special tools.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I do not know as to which post you are referencing. Can you send me a link to the Discussion in question? Even better, you should probably send me pictures of your own part. That way we know exactly what it is you have rather than relying on someone else's hardware in order to identify yours. There may have been differences you didn't catch that we would. Since you cannot return a custom made balance, I recommend this course of action.
A quick learner says:
Here is the part that I need identify
User submitted a photo of a window spiral balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you! This is a huge help. I just need one last piece of information. Can you tell me the weight of the window sash? This will help us determine the appropriate spring strength. Thank you!
A quick learner says:
How will I be able to determine the weight? To give you the info. you require.
I know I could barely make out the tip and it looked red/orange. Oh and the end of the spiral is like none of the ones I saw on your site. Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
You can determine the weight of the sash by removing it from the window and placing it on a scale. If you think the balance has a Red Tip, we can go that route. However, since this balance has an uncommon shoe it will have to be custom made. I highly recommend that you confirm the weight of your sash. Two of these balances with Red Tips (which is the same as orange) can support a window sash weight of 7 through 29 pounds.

If your sash weight falls within that range, then check out this custom spiral balance request form that I've started for you based on your specifications and fill out the rest of the information. One of our representatives will get back to you shortly thereafter with a price quote and an item to add to your cart.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.