Custom window questions

A quick learner from USA says:

Hi there, I am a contractor going to do a New house build for my family. Our property is on the water and the township has some strenuous requirements for the windows and doors Making them quite expensive to factory order. 

I am considering ( I am an architectural woodworker) fabricating the windows and doors myself. I would be using some tropical hardwood. For the sliding doors (under 350lbs) I have been looking at the double wheeled stainless rollers. Can you tell me if they are manufactured in the us? if not, where? 

Also, I have never made up transom windows or casement windows with the crank type hardware. I am interested in whatever would be the best quality for a marine environment and if you had some install instructions that might help. I'm interested in ease of operation and a balance of the least extensive routing as the material is extremely hard to machine. 

Any assistance you may be able to offer would be apreciated.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. You mention you wanted more information for double wheeled stainless rollers, but I'm not sure what those might be. Were you looking at a particular SWISCO product? If so, can you give me the part number?

I'm not sure if we can help with your other windows. All the hardware we carry are designed to replace very specific hardware, they aren't meant for new applications. The best I can do is direct you to our Casement and Awning Window Section so you can see what we carry. You will have to browse this section to determine what would work best for your windows. If you had any questions about a specific part, let me know.

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.