Customizing this a bit

A quick learner from Brandon, FL says:

I am thinking this is a 395 Series. Stamped with 35DS 48L. I weighed the sash and it weighs nearly 40 lbs. So my thoughts are it needs to be the 3560.

Here is my issue...the top seems to match perfectly, but the shoe is different. The wings are at 90 degrees to the wings on the 365 series. DO you have a shoe like mine? Help, I need new balances real soon.

Photos attached

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC01309.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC01310.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 35DS48L balance stamp BSI

Further research points me to a 380 because it comes with the winged shoe. However the shoe is 1 inch. Mine are 7/8ths. Which matches the 15-029 winged channel balance shoe.

Can you folks take this S380 - option 3560 and change the shoe to a 15-029?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! We can supply a replacement balance with a 19-005 top and 15-029 bottom fitting. Just keep in mind that it will have to be a custom order since this isn't a stock combination.

Your stamp is also special; 35DS48L is a very particular calibration designed specifically for lower window sashes that weigh 48 pounds. The 3560 stamp only carries 35 through 39 pounds, so it would be way too weak. You may want to triple check the weight of your sash to be sure. It should be 48 pounds.

I'll email you an order link and price quote right now for 2 of these, which is our minimum. If you'd like to increase that quantity, let me know and I'd be happy to do so.

Okay thanks, so here is the problem with my sash. The glass is broken and some is missing. I weighed it and it came in at just under 40lbs. So you are probably right that it is 48 lbs. SO now what? DO you have balances that work with 48lb sash?

Also since this looks like it is going to be custom, I am going to take the old balance apart and make sure my Top and Shoe are exactly correct. RIght now i am having doubts about the top.

Profile picture of Tom

Yes, the order link I emailed you already is for two balances that can support a 48 pound sash. They will also come with a 19-005 top and 15-029 bottom fitting.

If that information won't work for you, let me know and we can try to pin down something else.

I took top and bottom off and measured closely. They are the 19-005 and the shoe is 15-029. Thanks for the help. I am going to use the link you sent to order a pair of these. THanks very much you folks are very helpful and i learned a lot on this site. My windows are 20+ years old. I suspect I'll have additional problems in near future so I'll likely be back! Thanks again.
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome, I'm glad that it all matches up! Thank you for the kind words. If you need anything else, please let us know.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.