"DG" latches for sliding windows (original, ca. 1986)

A home owner from California says:

A number of sliding window latches on my original 1980s sliders have broken or otherwise failed.

The mount on the edge of the window in one of two tracks in the aluminum frame. They pivot o catch a groove in the fixed window section to lock.

The latches have a a circular logo with "DG" stamped on them.

I need about 8 if they are available.

Thanks... you guys are the best

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0318.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0319.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0320.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! This lock looks like it'd be a good match for our 90-005. Look it over and let me know if you agree.

Thanks, Tom. I'll take a few more measurements, and if it seems possible (even with a little finagling), order a few to see.

Appreciate your support. If any of you guys know what the 'DG' stands for, that would be interesting to know, too.
Hey, Tom, I've compared my broken latches to the 90-005, and while the dimensions are right, there's one critical difference: the screw mounting holes on the 90-005 are centered on the body of the latch, but on the DG latches I have, the screw holes are on one edge. That's because the sliding aluminum frame windows they attach two have two tracks up their edge, and the screws have to go into one or the other.

So these wouldn't work, at least not without drilling new attachment holes that are not centered, but set on one side.

If I can't find a latch that will work, are there alternative window latching methods you could suggest (aside from a piece of dowel, which I am using now ;-)

Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0326 copy.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0325 copy.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Ah, you're absolutely right. I'm sorry for missing that detail.

In that case, how about our 90-313? This comes in black and has the same offset screw holes as your original. Would this be better suited for your window?

Thanks, I think you nailed it!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.