Damaged Drawer Roller

A home owner from Annandale, VA says:
I need to replace drawer roller or ring for a steel drawer. The drawer faceplate is 30" wide and 6" high. The roller is a hair over 1" (28mm) outer diameter and exactly 1/4 inch deep.

Photo a:
Damaged nylon roller

Photo b:
Roller wheel without ring

Photo c:
Remaining roller
Damaged Drawer Roller
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
We have a 7/8" nylon ball bearing wheel that might work for you. You would need to remove the rail from the drawer, drill out the rivet, and then screw on the 10-109 with a 33-087 screw. Let me know what you think of this solution.
A quick learner from Virginia says:
Thanks Paul. Modifying the rail should be fine.

But would the new one raise the drawer high enough that it slides in over the cabinet below?

Also, I assume this would require replacing both rails. That's fine too.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The only track kit we have that may work is something like our 32-062. Could that work for you? We do have other lengths under different part numbers.
A quick learner from Virginia says:
Hi Dave. No, that is a completely different system. I don't want to replace the tracks. I want to replace the wheels. What happened to Paul?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
In using 10-109 roller, there might be enough play given that the drawers won't rub against each other. You probably have to replace both sides, but I would replaced the damaged one first, then try the drawer to see how it slides. If that doesn't work, however, then replacing the tracks entirely may be your only other option, which I think is what Dave was getting at.
How to Replace Self-Closing Drawer Slides
How to Replace Self-Closing Drawer Slides
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.