Danvid Windows

A quick learner from ok says:

Have Danvid windows with aluminum frames, bronze color.Windows that open have side pistons.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3112 (1).jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us! I'm afraid I don't know what your question is. Can you clarify how it is I may help you?

A quick learner from Oklahoma City says:
need side pistons that assist in raising windows. windows are roughly 32"
tall and 30" wide.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1 (5).jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Looks like you need new tilt latches, based on your photos, though it's important to note that these don't have anything to do with the raising of the window. These merely allow you to tilt the window in for cleaning. That is their only function.

That aside, my recommendation would be the 26-314. This appears to match your old latch closely. Look them over and see what you think.

Alternate image for 26-314
Alternate image for 26-314

How much are the side pistons that hold the window when it's raised?
Profile picture of Tom

Those would be the balances. In your case, they appear to be spiral balances. 

Since this is a tilt window, you only have two options: either our 3/8" diameter Series 900 or the 9/16" diameter Series 600. You have to measure the diameter of your original to confirm the best match. You will also need the length of the tube.

We have a detailed price breakdown for each balance size in our inventory on their respective store pages.

Please price out the following items. I've sent some additional close ups of the window parts.

• 20- 29" Series 900 balancer for 25 lb. windows.
  • 4-24" series 900 balancer for 18 lb. windows
  • 6-25' roll of blk or grey Pile weather stripping. Pic shows 1/4" x 1/4".
  • 4-2" Pivot bar, Keller
  • 4-Pivot Shoe that fits Keller part.
  • 2-25' role of Bronze bubble seal, Part 58-135
  • 1-75-006 Spiral Balancer charge tool for Tilt windows

Please let me know if any products are not available.

Thanks for your help.

Tom

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3355.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3357.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3358.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3359.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3360.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

We can sell you most of these parts, fortunately, though I have a few notes for you to go over. I will make my recommendations for you in order of your list. 

You can see a detailed price breakdown on the store page for each product that I've linked you to so far, including bulk discounts. I also cannot place an order for you here, but you can do so directly on our site any time you wish.

• This would be our S900-29 with a Green Tip option.
  • For this, I recommend the S900-24 with a Red Tip option.
  • We unfortunately don't sell any wool pile in 1/4" x 1/4". In all likelihood your wool pile is a little more precise; you will need a more accurate measuring implement in order to determine what size you actually need. You can see our full size list here. Please also note that our weatherstripping is not sold in rolls. We can only sell them in 25' increments (with few exceptions).
  • It's hard to make out what your pivot bar is while it's still installed, but it could be our 26-041. You will need to compare this to your original to confirm.
  • The pivot shoe that usually goes with that pivot bar is our 15-045, but again you will need to compare it to confirm. We have detailed dimensions listed on each product's respective store page.
  • As mentioned before, none of our weatherstripping products can be sold in a roll. The 58-135 is only sold in 25' increments.
  • Pricing for the 75-006, and all products mentioned, can be viewed on their store pages.

Please let me know if you had any other questions.

Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.