Dash stop device release latch?

A home owner from Minnesota says:
Hello,

I have a small child and Andersen casement windows that open outward. I'm looking for a sash stop device that will work with these windows. Could you recommend something? In the picture with my hand - where my thumb and pointer finger are touching are hard plastic, not wood. If the device needs to be screwed in here, will it matter if these areas are plastic instead of wood?

Also, is there a quick release latch on your devices to allow the windows to be fully opened quickly in case of fire or other emergency? If so, could you describe, or better yet, show how this works on the device?

Thank you,
Rachel
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Hello,
Take a look at the video below that shows one of our hardware experts installing the 39-398 sash stop on a vinyl window. As long as the vinyl on your window is in good condition, I don't see it being a problem but there is always a chance that it could splinter or break if it's been worn down from weather or age. 
You'll also notice that the sash stop has a detached clip at the end of one of the arms but it requires a flathead screwdriver and some manipulation to release it. For this reason, I wouldn't consider it an emergency release for the situation you've described. Take a look and see what you think. 
Hello Casey,

Thank you for your reply. Does Swisco make any devices that could be used for childproofing windows that also have a quick release feature for fire safety?

Thank you,
Rachel
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

The 39-398 is our best recommendation to prevent casement windows from opening fully. I'm sorry that we can't offer any other alternatives at this time. 

Hello Casey,

Thank you for your help!

Rachel
How to Install a Sash Stop Device on a Casement Window [1080p]
How to Install a Sash Stop Device on a Casement Window [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.