Deadlock Assembly for Andersen Door made Prior to 1986?

A quick learner from nj says:
will the work on anderson doors prior 1986?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. I'm afraid I can't say for sure if this will work on Andersen doors made prior to 1986. The surest thing to do is to compare the dimensions with your old deadlock assembly; if they match up, I think this will work fine. However, keep in mind that older Andersen deadlock assemblies had the latch come out of the part on the door frame, rather than the internal mortise lock. This won't affect function by replacing it with the newer model, so long as the dimensions are otherwise the same, but it's worth keeping in mind. See what you think. 

VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.