1964 Pocket Door Parts

A quick learner from Covington, Va 24426 says:

My name is Cliff. My brother Dennis lives in the house where we grew up. This house was built in July-September 1964. His grand-daughter pulled the door the the side and bent the part as shown above. It has since been straightened, but continues to have difficulty in opening and closing the door. From what my brother told me the track is fine, it was just this part. He will be getting me the dimensions to send to you. I believe it is your part 23-250 or 23-049.

Brother got a few measurements:

• Angle bracket Overall outside LENGTH = 3-1/2inches
  • Angle bracket Overall outside HEIGHT = 1-3/8inches

I presume the angle is square; therefore, the

• Angle bracket Overall outside WIDTH = 1-3/8inches

Is your part directly compatible withe the part shown above?

Thanks for looking and have a Blessed day!

Cliff

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG9504321.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG9504311.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG9504301.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting, Cliff. Our 23-049 looks fairly close, and may just work as a replacement. It's style is still different enough that it gives me pause, though. It could just be an older model, but I can't really confirm one way or the other. These old pocket doors aren't made like they used to so it's next to impossible to get exact replacements anymore. If the 23-049 doesn't work, then your next best bet is to replace the whole track system with something like the 23-250 you picked out, or the 23-251 or 23-252.

A quick learner from Covington, Va 24426 says:
Tom,
Thank you. I will show this to my brother.

Cliff
A quick learner from Florida says:
I am looking for the exact same replacement as posted by Cliff. Was wondering if the 23-049 worked...?? The replacements at the local hardware stores do not.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.