Deteriorated Weatherstripping

A quick learner from united states says:
I have very old aluminum storm windows and all the weather stripping has deteriorated and some is missing. Unfortunately the channels are permanently closed on each end so I can't slide a new strip in. Is there a way to insert a narrow strip of weatherstripping into the channel from the top. The depth of the channel is about 1/4". The bottom width of the old weatherstripping is about 3/16ths. The width of the top of the channel is about 1/8th In. Would it be possible to find a size that I could push into the slot from the top seeing as I cannot slide it in from the side? Perhaps a narrower bottom width with sufficient nap to make a seal. I have about 40 old aluminum storm windows that need new weatherstripping. That makes at total of about 80 individual panes when I count top and bottom. Replacement would be a horrendous cost. Hoping you have a good suggestion. I figure I can work on it off and on during the summer if there is a way. Many thanks for your consideration and input. Mary
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4585.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4586.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

In situations like this, you can cut out a notch in the track to remove the weatherstripping. We actually have a video that shows you how this can be done.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.