Difference between 90-005 and 90-009?

A home owner from Fresno, CA says:

What is the difference between 90-005 and 90-009 window locks? They look like the same.

Thank you.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The difference between the 90-005 and 90-009 is subtle, but important. You can see that each lock has a different style locking tab, which is what physically secures it in place and locks the window.

In the case of the 90-009, the tab has a crescent-shaped indent. Its purpose is to allow it to lock into a keeper. The 90-005, meanwhile, has a flat tab. Its purpose is to fit under the glazing of the top sash. They both do the same job, but in different ways and for different style windows.

Hopefully this information has been helpful, but please let me know if you need anything else.

A handy person from Florida says:

I purchased one 90 009 window lock...Looks great on my garage door screen. Unfornutately the mating part does not work.. Can you ship to me the matinp Part? 90 109?

John 

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, John. The 90-109 is compatible with the 90-009 lock, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it will work on your window. Your next step should be to review its dimensions to verify that it will fit in the space available and that its installation holes, especially, will align with what's on there now.

All orders can be placed directly on our site at your convenience.

Detail of 90-109 in chrome
Detail of 90-109 in chrome

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.