Why is the 75-032 more expensive than the 75-503?

A contractor from Wake Forest, NC says:
Hi, I was wondering (other than size) what's the difference between the two step down bits & the plungers associated with each?

The reason I ask is that the 75-032 is far more expensive than the 75-503. I understand there are two different sizes, but why such the price disparity?

Does the 70-009 work so much better than the 70-008? Or is there a different size screen frame required?

Thanks,
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting in our discussion board. This is a good question.

The difference in price is because the 75-032 Step Down Plunger Drill Bit is custom made for us. We like to use it because it makes the hole closer to the 70-009 Plunger Pin for a better fit.

The 75-503 is mass produced and makes a larger hole. Either drill work for the 70-009, however the hole made by the 75-503 will be a larger, and the 70-009 pin will be a little sloppy. That said, it will still work.
Thanks, Dave.

Does the 70-008 pin work as well as the 70-009 pin? It seems from the info that the 75-503 makes a hole that fits the 70-008 pin.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The difference between the two pins is that the 70-008 has a larger head then the 75-009. You should match up the pin head to the one you are replacing in your screen.

The 75-503 drill bit is for the 70-008 pin. The reason we like to use the 75-032 for the 70-009 pin is because it is a smaller hole for the smaller pin head.
Thanks, Dave. We're actually creating new screens, so I think either would work for us.

Your answers were very helpful!
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a screen window plunger pin
How to install a screen window plunger pin
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.