Dimensions of guide

A quick learner from Oregon says:
I need to know the maximum width of glass door that the guide will allow to slide through
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The width of this guide where the shower door slides is 1/2", so I would suggest no more than 7/16" thick. You don't want it to drag in the guide. You could get away with 1/2", but you might need to file out the guide a little.
A handy person from Miami Florida says:
What is the width of the guide? Also, is there a matching bottom guide?

Brent
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The 10-119 guide has a gap of 1/2" on either side of the center. They get attached to the bottom track on a Sterling shower door, so there is no corresponding bottom guide. You can see the dimensions of the part below.
Alternate image for 10-119
Alternate image for 10-119
A home owner from New Jersey says:
I assumed this piece is for the bottom. however, Paul states above "there is no corresponding bottom piece." is this for the top???
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry for the confusion. What I meant to say was that this part isn't really defined as a "bottom" or "top" guide in any sense. They're actually meant to mount on the jamb. Ultimately there is no companion piece for this part of any kind, regardless of where it mounts. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.