Do I need 15-192?

A quick learner from NJ says:
I think I need a 15-192 pivot shoe. Would you agree? and if not what should I be ordering. Thank you! John
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.png
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I do not think this is the 15-192, no. See our 15-175 instead, this looks like a closer match. You should just go over our dimensions first before you buy anything. That way you can be 100% sure.

The 15-192 looks good as measurements match. Attached please find a photo of a clip that seem to be associated with the pivot shoe. So, a question. Is or are clips all we need or is the pivot damaged and do both pivot and clips need to be replace? Also just some additional information on the window; it is a Certainteed product purchased in 1998. Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Kitchen window clip.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

I actually do not recognize this clip. Can you tell me what its relation is to the pivot shoe? Maybe if I can see the two together?

I'm still not sure the 15-192 will match. The face of your shoe looks identical to the 15-175. If you say that the dimensions are the same as the 15-192, then that might be bad news. I have seen an older version of the 15-175 that is way, way thicker than the original. Just about as thick as the 15-192, as a matter of fact. They haven't made that thicker shoe in years though.

We've experimented with a few different substitutes for that, including the 15-192, and had mixed results. Some customers told us it didn't work, others told us they could get it functional with adaptation, though nobody has ever gone into more detail than that. If you do have what I think you have, then I cannot be sure our hardware will work for you. 

Tom, my bad, I meant that the 15-175 pivot shoe measurements look like it matches. The clips I am referencing seem to be or act as a collar. I am copying a photo of this clip/collar for your reference. this clip/collar is missing on both sides of our broken window. We are hoping that this might be all we need and won't need the pivot shoe. What do you think? Thanks, John
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.png
Profile picture of Tom

Oh, I see. This appears to be some kind of tamper lock. I'm afraid we don't have anything like this, though, at least not one compatible with the 15-175. I'm actually not sure these are even necessary for your hardware to function, I think they just help keep the pivot bar in, which isn't really that big of a deal once the window is operating.

SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.